Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Casa Gazza

Hi there! This is going to be the NB and JW family update blog, for all those little things in life too boring to write an e-mail about. Hopefully I'm not going to be the only one posting here.

I've called the blog Casa Gazza, (hopefully) meaning "Magpie House" in Italian. NB and I are both big fans of magpies. They're even amusing at 6:00 in the morning when they're playing magpie games on our window awning.

Anyway! The rain has finally stopped here. NB and I were getting tired of riding the bus in the middle of the summer. The traffic hasn't improved much even though the campus is half-empty. The wet weather has also given us a bumper crop of mosquitoes, to the point where we have to be careful when we open the front door. Other than that, not much is happening. I'll see if I can post some photos of sunroom non-progress in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Folly said...

The sunroom non-progress continues, but at least we now know why: the manufacturer didn't ship the mounting rails.

Also, the mosquitoes on campus are much less intrusive than at home. We ate lunch outside today, and I managed to get most of the way through my food before being pestered by them.

Enshie said...

We know just how it feels to have contractors desert you. The landscapers appear here to work a bit on some days and then disappear for extended periods. Ditto the handyman who fixes deficiencies. Sigh...

One thing I will never miss about Edmonton is the mosquitoes. We've seen some here but haven't been bothered a bit. I don't understand that at all, because it's much wetter here, with standing water everywhere. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Edmonton is hotter in the summer?