Monday, June 25, 2007

The Weekend

NB and I spent a quiet weekend, as usual. On Saturday I went to the Farmers' Market and bought a backpack of vegetables. Then I went to a comic artists' meeting, but no one else showed up. I didn't mind. I brought my laptop and sketchbook, so I surfed the net until I decided no one was going to show, then I put the laptop away and went sketching. I got a ride home with NB after kung fu, and we went for dinner at Matahari. We haven't been there for a while because it's always busy now and we forget to make reservations.

On Sunday NB washed the car, while I bumped around the house and did small chores. We bought some new games and had fresh Farmers' Market pasta marinara for supper (de-seed and cut up 2 lbs. of Roma tomatoes; add about 6 cloves of garlic, 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil, and cook on medium for a few minutes, just until tomatoes become warm and a little soft; add a handful of shredded basil & serve). It's like eating warm bruschetta on pasta.

Today, the network is down at work. I've been bumping around all morning with nothing to do. I finally found this laptop and at least the wireless is up now. But otherwise, I'm pretty bored.

No comments: